1. You started dating during your most phases. If you were drawn to each other even then, you’re set for life.
2. You’ve gotten to see just how far you each has come. And today you can admire how much progress you have each made because you’re teenagers.
3. You know each other so well that words are necessary. You’ve known each other for a long time and understand the things you have every experienced from adolescence into adulthood. So when one of you’re having a hard time, you do not even need to explain the reason why. The other person only gets it.
4. There is a solid foundation. And when you guys are fighting with a lot or in a low point together where you are stressed out, it’s great to know you have a firm basis.
5. That goes for fighting too. Fights and arguments have been unavoidable in any relationship. However, it’s nice knowing that, like every other argument, you can perform through this one and also having such a strong history.
6. You realize when they are actually fine, and if they are angry. Language is as familiar to you as breathing.
7. You have an endless number of shared memories. So when you have to talk about some of the best pleasures you experienced as a ‘kid,’ they understand, because they were right there with you.
8. And the wonderful memories you have built together just get you excited for what’s to come. Looking in your prom photos and reminiscing on the way you used to anxiously await meeting up at your lockers just shows that there is a lifetime of even more specific moments ahead.
9. You understand that individuals change in connections. You began dating as adolescents — you are obviously totally different people now than you were then. Being high school sweethearts needs and has taught you that you’ve got to be adaptable in relationships since people’s personalities and wants will change throughout life.